My boyfriend and friends love this recipe. I combined several people recipes to make this one. My great-grandmother always soaks her french fries in salt water for a day before frying them, and my friend Jenny told me she coats her cut potatoes in a seasoned flour mixture before frying. So I combined them and did both. It came out wonderful and now I make them whenever we cook burgers.
- 5-6 medium sized Red-Skinned Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 5 cups of Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Peanut Oil (or the oil of your choosing for frying)
1. Cut potatoes into slices.
2. Cut each slice into three wedges.
3. Fill the bowl with water. It took me about five cups of water. Add salt.
4. Let fries sit from anywhere of one to six hours.
5. Drain fries but do not pat them dry.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, garlic salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
7. Take french fries and dump them a little at a time into the flour and coat well.
8. Pre-heat pan with oil on medium-high heat.
9. Slide some coated fries into the heated oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
10. After fries are golden brown, remove them and put them on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
11. Eat and Enjoy!