One of my favorite blogs to follow is the Pioneer Woman. She is called the “desperate housewife from the frontier land.” She has this recipe that she got from her Pastor, which can be found at: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/11/roasted-carrots-by-pastor-ryan/
I decided to buy a huge bag of carrots because 1) they were on sale and I love being cheap, and 2) because I vowed to eat healthier and live longer. Well, the problem is that I actually do not like carrots. When I see people crunching down on one or see Bugs Bunny gnawing on a big orange stick on T.V., I say to myself “Hey that doesn’t look so bad.” But when I try to do the same, 100% of the time I end up spitting it into the garbage can.
So I turned to my favorite bloggers and searched for carrot recipes. Hopefully it comes out as good as it looks. Wish me luck 🙂
- 12 Carrots
- 1 handful of fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice your carrots into equal widths and lengths to ensure even cooking.
3. Take your sprigs of thyme and de-leaf them. Take your fingers and pinch the top of the stem. Slide of fingers backwards, against the leaf growing directions. The leaves will slide off, leaving you a nice pile of fresh herbs.
4. Cover your carrots with the olive oil and toss for even coating. Place of a baking sheet or casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands to evenly coat.
6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
7. Eat and Enjoy (by the way, they did come out pretty good and I know I can say that I like carrots. Wohoo Go Carrot Club)